What God has to say, in these aphorisms about His commandments, is relevant for all people of every nation and every age.
Lasting social order and justice are founded on My Ten Commandments.
When the Ten Commandments are blatantly compromised the results will be quarrels and wars, the ultimate of social disorder and injustice.
Cumbersome laws are the result of a widespread denial of the worth of My Commandments.
Because My Commandments have been denigrated the world is in chaos.
Freedom of expression is what I desire for you, an advantage that can only be fully realised within a framework of order and balance based on My Commandments, as opposed to extreme opinions.
My Commandments are not extreme but common sense, that when denied are more often than not replaced by extreme attitudes which can develop into burdensome civil laws and/or extreme religious behaviour.
To live by My Commandments is to find the source, the wellspring of truth, and thereby peace.
The Ten commandments below, are given to us by God, to guide us safely through this life to eternal happiness in heaven. They are divided so that the first three tell us our duty to God and the last seven tell us our duty to ourselves and to our neighbour.
- I am the Lord your God; you shall not have strange gods before Me.
- You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain.
- Remember that you keep holy the Sabbath day.
- Honour your Father and you Mother.
- You shall not kill.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
- You shall not covet your neighbour’s wife.
- You shall not covet your neighbour’s goods.